Online dating can be a minefield – but it can also be a lot of fun. Exactly how it goes for you often comes down to which dating apps you use.
So, what are the best dating apps for men?
In this article, we’ve rounded up the best dating apps for men that remove the hassle of online dating, and which are popular, safe, and secure to use, and ideal for whether you’re looking to date and see what happens or maybe even find your life partner.
Best Dating Apps for Men Ages 26 to 40
1. eHarmony – Best For Serious Relationships
eHarmony has millions of users worldwide, and it claims to be responsible for 600,000+ marriages. Online since 2000, it’s exclusively used by men who are looking for something serious. About 48% of eHarmony users are women which makes it an extremely good platform for men because you'll have a lot more options.
Founded by a clinical psychologist, this dating site has a sophisticated matchmaking algorithm that uses your data to suggest compatible matches. A personality test is mandatory for all new members, and most of the women you match with tend to be educated, professional and ambitious. If you don't have time to waste on endless swiping then eHarmony is a good dating site.
eHarmony is free to join, but there isn’t much you can do as a free member (you can’t even see who’s viewed you). Prices start out from $37 per month.
- One of the best dating sites for men seeking women who are ready to settle down.
- Sophisticated matchmaking algorithm to help you find the right matches.
- Responsible for 600,000+ marriages.
- Founded by a clinical psychologist.
- Premium packages are expensive.
2. Elite Single – Best For Educated Men & Women
As its name probably suggests, Elite Singles is a dating app aimed at those who consider themselves to be elite in terms of their careers, their ambitions, and their education. In other words, it’s for classy men who are looking for classy women who – like the men – know what they want.
Women on Elite Singles tend not to mess you around. Any woman who sends you a message must be a premium member, which means it’s much more likely you’ll meet someone who’s serious about dating on Elite Singles than on a free app. Elite Singles is one of the best dating apps for men who are looking for well-established women.
Elite Singles isn’t free, but most of its users are educated professionals who won’t mind paying for a premium dating app that helps them find love. You can subscribe for 3 months at the cost of $51 per month or 6 months at the cost of $30 per month.
- Used by university graduates and well-settled professionals.
- A good option for men in their 30s who are looking for successful women
- The advanced matchmaking algorithm does a good job to match you with the right matches.
- Absolutely not for young men.
Best Dating Sites For Men Over 40s
3. Match.com – Best For Men in Their 40s
One of the oldest online dating apps around, Match was launched in the mid-nineties. Over the years, it’s developed a strong reputation for being the go-to app for anyone who’s looking to date and see what happens.
Most members who take online dating seriously take the time to fill out their profile properly, and while Match suggests you daily potential matches, there’s also a search function with advanced filters. As a free member, there’s not a lot you can do – you can’t see who’s viewed you, nor can you send or receive messages.
Once you upgrade, you can read messages as soon as someone has messaged you, and reply to all messages. Prices start out from around $17 per month if you subscribe for 6 months.
- The best dating app for men over 30.
- Established for nearly 30 years.
- Over 8 million users worldwide.
- A good option for singles in their late 30s or 40s who are looking for a serious relationship.
- You can’t see who’s viewed you as a free member.
Zoosk has been around since 2007, making it one of the oldest online dating apps. It was recently bought out and underwent a revamp, and today it’s one of the smartest, most intuitive dating apps-come-matchmaking services around. Though it's definitely one of the best dating apps when compared to its rivals, it can still be useful.
Zoosk uses your on-site user behavior to suggest curated matches. And with 40,000,000+ members, there’s every chance you’ll meet somebody you’re really interested in. There’s also a separate feature called Carousel, where you can pick from even more matches that aren’t based on your on-site behavior.
Price-wise, you can subscribe for a month for $38 or lock yourself into a 3-month contract for $28 per month. You can’t send or receive messages until you’ve upgraded your account.
- Over 40 million members worldwide.
- Recently revamped their design which is very interactive.
- You'll find women who are looking for relationships or even hookups.
- Not useful for free members.
Best Dating Apps For Men Ages 18 to 25
5. Hinge – Best Dating App For Men in Their Early 20s
Launched at around the same time as Tinder, Hinge has grown its user base slightly slower. This is largely down to the fact that while Tinder marketed itself as a hookup app right from the start, Hinge chose to take on established serious dating apps instead. But, now, Hinge is one of the top dating apps
With its tagline “designed to be deleted,” Hinge wants to help you find your life partner. It’s a swipe app (there’s no search function) that suggests matches every day. Once you’ve liked someone and they’ve liked you back, you can then respond to one of the prompts on their profile (such as “last Netflix show you binged”) and get chatting.
You can send and receive messages on Hinge for free while subscribing for one month costs $27 and lets you see who’s already liked you, as well as gives you access to unlimited likes.
- One of the best dating apps for men who are tired of Tinder and Bumble.
- You can send and receive messages for free.
- Most users are active and looking for a relationship.
- The interesting concept of Hinge Prompts makes even a newbie's profile so interactive and fun.
- Limited daily matches Most.
6. The League – Best For Professional Men
The League might sound like a thriller movie, but it’s actually a dating app aimed at “elite” men. In other words, highly-educated professionals who have money in the bank and who love to wine and dine their dates. Once you match, League allows you to have a 1:1 video chat. League also allows you to add 10-sec videos to your profile instead of just photos to stand out.
As you might expect, The League isn’t the cheapest dating app for men around, but it does give you 3 potential matches per day. The women who sign-up tend to be beautiful and glamorous, and they’re looking for men who know exactly how to treat them right. They may also be hoping you’ll whisk them off to Dubai.
You can sign-up to The League for a month at the price of $520, and this guarantees that The League will accept you as a member, and it also treats you to advanced matching and priority customer service.
- Every account is authenticated so you can be sure that the beautiful women you're looking at are not fake.
- Since it's a platform used by people with standards or rather professionals, you can expect a quality user base.
- Based on your preferences, you'll receive the best matches only with actual potential.
- You can add 10-sec video to your profile.
- Only 3 matches a day.
- Suitable for people from metro cities only.
- On the expensive side.
7. Bumble – Best For Shy Men
Bumble is a dating app striving to “give women empowerment.” How does this benefit man? In lots of ways. The app is used by millions of people, with the gender divide pretty much equal. The catch is that only women can send the first message.
Guys, this just means you have to put a bit more effort into your profile so that you can stand out. If you do this, women will match with you – and they’ll send you that opening message. On that point, messaging is free, but you can upgrade to see who’s already liked you (as well as get unlimited likes – yes, Bumble is a swipe app).
Most men succeed on Bumble without upgrading, but if you’re not having much luck, you can increase your visibility and land more matches by subscribing for a week at $12. Alternatively, subscribing for a month will cost you $28 per month.
- The best dating app for men who are uncomfortable with making the first move.
- Super popular dating app.
- Free to send and receive messages.
- Excellent user interface.
- Don't necessarily have to pay to get success
- A lot of women are really bad at sending the good first message, and a lot of matches don't even convert to a conversation.
8. Tinder – Best For Casual Dating
Like Bumble, Tinder is a swipe app. There’s no search function, and – like Bumble – you can only chat to someone once you’re a match. Like Bumble, messaging is a free service.
Unlike Bumble, both men and women are allowed to send the first message on Tinder. And while Tinder gained a reputation for being a hookup app when it was first launched in 2012, this popular dating app is now used by those looking to date and see what happens and those who want to settle down.
Like Bumble, most guys prefer to stick to the free version of Tinder. There are, in fact, 3 different subscription packages – Tinder Plus, Gold, and Premium. Prices per month are $10, $12, and $21, respectively.
- It's one of the best dating apps for men who got the looks.
- 40 million users worldwide.
- Best for singles in their early or later 20s
- Perfect for any dating preference.
- No long personality questionnaires.
- It can be hard to land suitable matches.
- A lot of ghosters and time wasters.
9. OkCupid – Best For Open-Minded Men
OkCupid is widely seen as one of the most inclusive and tolerant dating apps around. Especially popular with the LGTBQ+ community, OkCupid lets you use whatever pronouns you wish, and you can choose from a variety of genders and personality types.
Naturally, it’s used by men seeking women, as well as men seeking men, and bi-curious men who perhaps want to experiment a bit. The app is also seen as a “safe space,” which has put numerous security measures to ensure no one is hassled. For instance, you can’t send a follow-up message to someone until they’ve replied to your icebreaker.
OkCupid is free to send and receive messages, and most men prefer to stick to the free version. However, you can upgrade to OkCupid premium to see who’s liked you and get message priority for the price of $7.95 per month.
- A very diverse user base with different interests and types.
- A good option for men who are progressive liberals.
- A very LGBTQ+ friendly platform.
- Accepts a wide variety of genders and sexual preferences.
- Enhanced security measures.
- You can’t see who’s messaged you until you match with someone.
If OkCupid is one of the most inclusive dating apps for men, CoffeeMeetsBagel is the quirkiest. Men are referred to as “coffee,” while women are referred to as “bagels.” Yet despite that quirk, CMB is a genuine dating app that uses your set preferences, such as your age and distance range, to present you with daily matches.
The first catch is that women are presented with the matches, and it’s up to them to decide who to message and who to ignore. The second catch is that you can’t create an account with CMB unless you’ve got a Facebook profile, as the app suggests friends of friends (of friends) as matches.
You can either purchase beans (CMB’s in-app currency) with 100 credits costing around $4, or you can subscribe for a month at the cost of $42. You can learn here how does CoffeeMeetsBagel works.
- One of the best dating apps for men who don't have time to swipe through profiles.
- Not a huge time commitment
- Good personality women who are usually not childish as opposed to Tinder.
- A limited number of day-to-day matches.
11. AdultFriendFinder – Best For Men Looking For Hookups
If you’re looking for something kinkier and fancy the idea of a one-night stand, a fuck buddy, or something similar, AdultFriendFinder might be the dating app for you. Nudity is allowed, there are sex education courses available to read, and literally, nothing is off-bounds here.
Users tend to be very upfront about what they’re looking for at Adult Friend Finder, and the app is most definitely not for anyone who is “looking to settle down.” Whatever your fetish or kink is, it’s highly likely that you’ll find someone out of AFF’s 10,000,000+ members who can satisfy your desires.
You will need to upgrade your account to send messages, and there are various packages available. The most popular package is the Gold Membership plan, which costs $30 per month or $22 per month if you lock yourself into a 3-month subscription.
- Lots of features to make your experience more immersive.
- Live webcams to watch cam models.
- Can find any kind of casual sex encounter.
- Not for long-term relationships.