Dating apps help you to streamline the whole process of online dating which can otherwise be quite stressful and time-consuming. If you are lucky enough, you might even stumble across your perfect match.
With the availability of scores of apps at your disposal, it might become difficult to differentiate one from the other. Why bother, you might ask? Well, in order to find a suitable platform, you need to dig deeper to know more details about the app you are using.
Therefore, to help you out, I’ve come up with some major differences between Tinder and POF (Plenty of Fish). These apps are more popular than the others and have huge audience.
Tinder vs Plenty of Fish:
POF vs Tinder: Signup Process
Plenty of Fish asks for more details about you to help you find a suitable match. It’s all about finding someone you are most compatible with.
On the other hand, Tinder does not care about your religion or interests. It will just ask for a small bio and a picture. That’s literally just it!
So, if you are planning to join POF, know that you will have to take a full-fledged test before signing up. Want to simplify the process? Then I would suggest you use Tinder on which all you have to do is swipe left or swipe right based on who you find interesting.
POF asks for an extensive bio
Not comfortable with revealing information about yourself? Uh-oh! To sign up on POF, you will have to write a full detailed bio. This bio will serve as an introductory paragraph giving an insight into your life.
As we already discussed, Tinder does not ask for any such information. Your picture is all that you require. You know what they say, “A picture is worth a thousand words.”
Tinder for Casual Dating
A lot of people use dating apps to add spice to their life and are usually not looking for anything serious. In case you belong to the same category of people, it is better for you to try Tinder.
The only reason why I am suggesting this is that it has earned the reputation of being a place where people prefer casual relationships. While some might contradict this statement, a lot of you would actually agree with me.
On the other hand, Plenty of Fish is more of a long-term thing. That implies it is a better platform for those looking forward to building a serious connection.
Or else you could say it is a place for those looking for a ‘soul-mate’. This is a noteworthy difference that sets these two apps apart.
Let’s talk about some numbers. Though Tinder and POF are free apps, however, to use various upgraded features, you might have to pay a small fee. Love costs you a lot!
- Tinder: Tinder Plus will cost you an amount of $9.99 per month. In case you are above 30, you will have to pay a charge of $19.99 per month. This is because young people presumably have a low-cost budget. Shout out to them for being so thoughtful! Click here to know What is Tinder Plus.
- POF: POF will charge you according to the duration of the plan. For instance, $7.50/ month (1 year plan), $10/ month (6 month plan) and $12.33/month (3 month plan). Well, you cannot undervalue their smartness!
Active Users Database
POF has much more users than Tinder. Yes, it is the truth. In fact, it is much far ahead in the race. Wanna know the stats? Here goes.
According to several sources, POF has about 150 million registered users. It could be due to the fact it has been around since 2003. Additionally, at least 4 million people are active daily. This is just an average estimation.
Let’s talk about Tinder now. It has around 50 million users. There is a stark difference between the two numbers but let’s not undermine the hard work of these apps.
Traditional vs Modern
Tinder is sort of like speed dating. It helps you find potential matches more quickly. So, if you like a profile, you can just take it forward from there. It is that simple!
Since POF has been in the picture for a long time, it has a more traditional approach towards matching you with the right person. In other words, it favors questionnaires in order to get to know you more closely.
Since Tinder is more popular with the young crowd, it makes sense that everything happens very quickly. I mean who has the time today? Even if it is about the most important decision of your life. No offense.
Free Version Restrictions
The free version of both the apps has certain restrictions which limit your experience. This has been elaborated further. Take a look.
- There is a limit to the number of profiles you like in a day.
- The matches that will show up will be based on your current location. You cannot change your location to search for matches in any other place.
- Once you like or dislike a profile, you simply cannot undo it.
- You will not be able to view other peoples profiles all the time. This could be due to various reasons.
- You can only add eight profile photos as it is the maximum limit.
Tinder vs. POF: Premium Features
Both Tinder and POF offer amazing features on their upgraded versions. To avail them, you will have to pay a fee as discussed above. Let’s take a look at some of these exciting attributes.
- You can like as many profiles as you want in a day. There is no restriction to that.
- Disliked someone accidentally? Well, no need to worry at all! You can simply undo to make it right.
- You can also change your location if you want to search for matches anywhere else. I mean anywhere in the entire world!
- You can even know who has liked your profile before you decide whether you want to like or dislike theirs.
- You can add a lot more photos in your profile. So, all your best shots will find a place here.
- Not to mention, you can now view the profiles of almost all the people.
- There is an option which allows you to send virtual gifts to the ones you find special. I mean, isn’t that adorable?
- To simplify the process, you can now search for people by their names. In this way, you will be able to find what you are looking for in less time.
Which is LGBTQ+ Friendly: Tinder or POF?
Gone are the days when people had to adhere to conventional gender or sexuality norms. With the so many developments taking place, it has become important that these dating apps cater to the requirements of people belonging to the LGBTQ+ community.
So, which app is more accommodating for this community?
The answer is Tinder.
Tinder has the feature which makes it possible for homosexuals to find their matches. Also, if you are comfortable, you can state your gender on the profile.
POF only identifies people as male or female. In addition to this, there have been no great changes to make it more user-friendly for the LGBTQ+ community.
Tinder Vs POF | The ultimate Winner:
Tinder works on proximity and attractiveness. Tinder’s significant users are actually not looking for long-term or serious relationships. They are rather interested in casual dating or flings. Whereas, POF facilitate you with matches based on the information that you feed to their algorithm. Also, POF singles tends to look for serious partners and dates.
POF is also a great option if you’re in an urban area since its algorithm doesn’t use location for matching up people.
Keeping these points in mind, POF wins with small margin because it’s actually intended for dating people and works great for people regardless of their location and attractiveness (might sound ridiculous, but Tinder has some standards).
Tinder is a good alternative or option if you want to hookups and don’t want to spend no money on apps or sites for dating online.