Staying single and loving yourself is okay, but hey we all need a little romance every now and then! Since it’s not high school sliding love letters into your crush’s bag might sound insane. Also, all the attractive people around are mostly taken these days.
Losing hope in love is a usual concept but with the right tools, you can easily change things for yourself. Moreover, with the variety of dating apps and websites, nobody dies single these days. With a wise dating app, you can easily find a kind and intelligent mate in no time.
OkCupid Vs Tinder: The Digital Matchmakers
Although there are tons of dating apps available online, signing up over random sites might not help you to get the real tea. Trying a site where most of the people usually sign up would increase the chances for you to tango. Hence your romantic fantasies could just be a swipe away from you with the assistance of online dating apps.
Popular dating apps like Tinder and OkCupid with tons of love success stories can easily bring spring in your love life. The way both of these apps is very different. Dating in Tinder depends on the way you can portray yourself whereas OkCupid makes matches according to your interest. Tinder suggests matches of profiles near you OkCupid suggest matches based on their interest
OkCupid’s Classic Matchmaker’s Rating: 8/10
The matchmaking in this LGBTQ friendly app is mainly based on your interest. You’ll have to write sweet nothings about yourself, they don’t have to be true though to get a match.
The next steps of signing up after an introduction include writing about your hobbies and interests. These details about your interests are the main element of matchmaking. You can send an introductory pickup line to your matches but the real conversations will start after you get a like back.
For self-explorers creating a catchy profile would be a no brainer here. With a well-developed profile, you can easily find someone with a common interest. Therefore this app gives you a bit of idea for striking an amazing first conversations. Further, after getting a like back, you can use the profile info for getting an upper hand in the chase as well.
Tinder’s Matchmaker’s Rating: 7/10
In Tinder, everything is all about the attraction at first sight. Here, if a person you liked, likes you back then you’ll get a match. You can easily Sign up and upload some amazing photos along with a catchy quote and you’ll be all set.
But turning flirt sessions into deep connection is something you’ll have to do with your own master skills. And with master skills, nobody means that you have to be real-life Christian Grey! Just be confident, friendly and funny trust me that’s all it takes.
Winner: It’s a draw!
OkCupid and Tinder both are great but they have different matchmaking styles. Whether you want to try OkCupid or Tinder it really comes down to the way of dating you prefer. But if you are from the queer tribe then OkCupid is an amazing place to be as its LGBTQ friendly. However, if you just need a quick icecream date, Tinder can help you better in that.
Tinder Vs. OkCupid: Subscription prices
Although Tinder and OkCupid both of them are free to use, they provide subscription for their users as well. These subscriptions can give you a little upper hand in dating games by providing you added extra features in your account.
Let’s take a look at the subscriptions provided by both apps so that you can choose your matchmaker.
OkCupid Pricing: 7/10
OkCupid’s matchmaking process might look way too long. However, if you feel a little impatient then you can cheat here since it isn’t an exam. You can get yourself a paid subscription here as well for getting just a few extra features than usual. Let’s check out their paid options as well to decide whether you’ll like to have one
- A List: This is their most common paid option in OkCupid. In this, you’ll get unlimited likes, extra search option and add free experience. Moreover, you’ll also have the list of people who have liked you before you liking them. You can get this subscription for a month at $9.95 or $6.95/month for half a year.
- Premium A-List: This subscription includes all the facilities of A list membership. Apart from it, your profile will also get a boost during the peak timings. So, if you are restless and want to increase your chances of getting a match trying this would aid your endeavor. To get premium membership you’ll have to pay just $24.9/month for one time membership. Moreover, you can choose to pay $19.9 each month for six months membership as well.
Tinder Pricing: 5/10
Although Tinder’s matchmaking process isn’t that detailed, still getting a match can be hard in overcrowded cities. So if you need a quick match then a bit of special help is necessary indeed. Therefore subscribing to one of tinder’s paid membership can be a great option for you. You can get the upper in hand in the love game by choosing any of the subscription plans they offer:
- Tinder Plus: You can easily increase your visibility by subscribing to Tinder Plus. If you an upper hand but still keep the thrill of randomness alive it’s the best option to choose. At just $10 per month, You’ll get unlimited swipes and even can super like at least 8 people each day.
- Tinder Gold: For safe gamers, Tinder offers tinder gold. At just $12 per month, you can get tinder gold. It already includes all the features of tinder plus in it. Apart from it, you’ll get info about people who have right swiped you as well. Now ain’t that the best way to ensure a date!
Tinder charges extra for people who are above 30. Age is just a number so making discrimination based on someone’s age is not cool. Moreover, OkCupid is a much friendly place to be as you can found a person easily based on your sexual orientation and they won’t charge you extra because of your age.
OkCupid or Tinder: Demographic Analysis
Although Tinder and OkCupid both are popular dating apps, eventually the choice depends on what you are looking for. As both of them serves users of a different mindset with different priorities knowing what’s best for you is a must. So, check out the demographic analysis to choose your best pick:
OkCupid the LGBTQ friendly app with compatible matches: 8/10
OkCupid basically makes your matches by comparing your interests with other users. The signup process is longer than usual here but in its worth it. In OkCupid, you can rest assured that the people you and your match would have some common grounds.
So, if you are looking for a long term partner this app can provide you matches who are compatible. Moreover, you can rest assured that your OkCupid match can compliment your personality in the long run.
Tinder for getting beautiful strangers around: 7/10
If you aren’t in a rush for finding a long term mate and are just exploring strangers then this is the app for you. Tinder doesn’t create solid and analyzed matches like OkCupid, the suggestions here are completely random. This app was basically created in keeping the dating needs of the younger crowd in mind.
Tinder suggests matches based on your location so if you need a quick and consensual hookup its the perfect place to be. Although you can always build meaningful conversations here as well and create long term connections.
OkCupid has diverse users and it can cater to the needs of a large variety of users. There’s a match out there for everyone. Although it can be said for Tinder as well, they can judge you based on your age.
A brief insight into the features of OkCupid and Tinder
Although OkCupid and Tinder work similarly their features are a bit different from each other. Let’s take a closer look at their features of both of these digital matchmakers:
- Sign Up: The Signup process for OkCupid and Tinder is a little different. Tinder requires you to upload a few catchy pictures and write a short self-introduction. Whereas in OkCupid you’ll have to fill up a detailed questionnaire about your preference for using the app.
- Matchmaking: The Matchmaking process of Tinder is focused on creating matches of the nearby user but OkCupid create matches based on interest.
- First Take: In Tinder, it is necessary for the person to right swipe you for enabling chats. However, in OkCupid, you can send your match a great pickup line instantly after liking their profile.
Inside Scoop: Here’s the complete guide to understand How OkCupid Works.
OkCupid Vs Tinder: The Overall Winner
DatingXP team has tried every online dating service and always thrives to provide the most reliable and unbiased information.
OkCupid is catered towards people who are serious about getting into real relationships. Their matchmaking system takes a lot of information from you and then facilitate you with the matches that are most likely to be your potential date. Therefore, OkCupid is the real winner if you’re serious about finding love online.
Here you can read OkCupid review from our team member that got married to her Life Partner that she met on OkCupid 😉
Tinder is one of the best dating apps but it’s competitive out there and hookup culture on Tinder is a real thing. You’ll be shown potential matches based on geographical location instead of your personal preferences which is a deal-breaker if you’re serious about online dating. However, Tinder as a casual dating app is the best option.
So, if we’ve to pick one winner then it would be OkCupid. However, if casual dating is your thing and you’re not too worried about running into random people then Tinder is your best bet.