Looking for great Tinder one-liners to break the ice? Here are 60 of the best (and funniest…and geekiest!).
We all know that walking up to someone in a bar and asking them if their father was a thief because he stole the stars and put them in their eyes, likely isn’t going to take you far. Unless you end it with something like “worst pick-up line ever?” and turn it into a joke.
The thing with Tinder? Doing that might just work. People are so bored of “Hey!” or “How’s it going?” that they likely won’t reply at all if you go with that. Because unlike in reality, where as soon as the other person says “Hey,” you don’t immediately pick up a conversation, on Tinder it doesn’t automatically lead to you engaging them in what you have to say next.
Instead “Hey!” is just plain boring and, most likely, leading to a dead pan conversation where you expect them to ask “How are you?” next. Not the most interesting convo of the century exactly…
On Tinder, when you start with a stupid pick-up line and make sure they know you think it’s stupid, it’s funny. It can even be cute. There are also a myriad of other one-liners you can use to get the conversation started on Tinder. Things that will actually lead to a conversation, not just a “hey.”
10 Funny Tinder Pickup Lines
1. Are we, like, married now?
This is getting a bit old, but the old thing about matching = marriage still holds some amusement.
2. You sound busy…any chance of adding me to your to-do list? 😉
For the people with profiles that ensure you that the only time they aren’t busy with work/hobbies is when they are fast asleep.
3. I’m new in town. Could you give me directions to your apartment? 😉
This is both cheeky and funny. Obviously, you need to be new in town for it to work, but if you are — great. And when they laughingly decline to give you directions to their apartment, you simply ask for some other place instead, like the best ice cream parlor where the two of you can meet for a date.
Of course, you can ask for plenty of other places too — gives the two of you lots to talk about.
4. Are you a bank loan? Because you have my interest.
So yeah, this is totally cheesy…so just follow up with “I know, as cheesy as it gets, but hey, you really do have my interest ;)” or “Did I just win the cheesiest pickup line competition of the year? ;))
5. What’s a perfect gentleman like myself doing without your phone number?
This is forward, but it might just work… Particularly if you use “gentleman” instead of some other high flying idea about yourself…
6. Do you believe in love at first sight, or should we match again? 😃
This is a bit trite, but still, it’s cute. Very cute.
7. Damn, you have a dog! Does that mean I’ll never win the “best ever cuddler” title?
This is just plain cute. At least I’d grin from ear to ear if someone sent me this. Not least because people good at cuddling are keepers!
8. Damn, you’re a knockout. Was your father a boxer, or did you just get lucky with the gene pool? 🎱 I bet you a cocktail your personality is even better than your looks too! 😊
In one message you’ve told them you love their looks, you think they have personality and you’ve asked them out for a drink. That’s some multi-tasking right there!
9. I’d say you’re the bomb, but that could turn into lethal conversation…
This is kinds funny, isn’t it? At least it’d bring a smile to my face!
10. I’d say you’re as beautiful as a Greek goddess, but what I can remember from history class, they were all pretty crazy…
Only works really well if they’re Greek…
Inside Scoop: How To Talk To Girls On Tinder
10 Cute Pickup Lines
1. On a lazy Sunday: Netflix all day, getting lost in a museum, or cuddling with me?
Cuddles are cute! And it’ll give you an idea of what they like.
2. My mom told me not to talk to strangers online, but I’ll make an exception for you.
This is sweet and simple…but also pretty funny.
3. If you’re as good at cuddling as you’re good looking, I’m signing myself up on the waitlist for a date. 😉
You’re flattering them by telling them you think there’s a waitlist and you’re talking about cuddling. It’s a win-win.
4. This is how I’d describe you in three emojis [insert cute emojis] Now you describe yourself in three emojis.
Simple, sweet and effectual — it’s bound to start a conversation.
5. If you could any famous artist (dead or alive) paint your portrait, who would it be?
This is a clever tinder opener and gives insight into how they think as well.
6. Tell me, what can I say to impress you? 😉
Cute way of showing that you’re looking to impress her.
7. I’d tell you you’re cute, but someone else probably did that already, so you describe yourself in three emojis instead! 😊
Similar to the one above, but a great way to show flattery and start a conversation.
8. A cute GIF.
There are puppies that look cute while saying “OMG, hi!!” and seals that are squeaking with delight — just take your pick!
9. If you were a dessert, what would you be? 🤔
Is there anything sweeter than dessert?
10. If we were at home, cuddling on a rainy Sunday morning, what would we have for breakfast? a) American pancakes b) French crèpes c) waffles d) omelette e) something else?
Great way to start a conversation AND get them to think about cuddling with you!
Inside Scoop: Wanna one-up your Tinder Game? Here’s the Best Tinder Bios & Profile Hacks.
10 Simple Pickup Lines
1. Favorite drink?
This is good, because when they answer you can reply with “Good, now I know what to buy you on our first date 😉 I just need to figure out your favorite bar too!”
2. Truth or dare?
You could change this to “Truth or date? ;)” Or if they reply “dare” say: “I dare you to have drinks with me.”
3. [Name!] Drinks or coffee this week?
Great way to cut to the chase and get to the date!
4. Two truths and a lie! Go!
Awesome and simple way to get the conversation going!
5. Favorite thing to do on a Friday night? a) cuddling and watching Netflix by the fireplace b) the hottest bar in town c) dinner party d) I’ll tell you over drinks 🤔
A bit cheeky with that last option, but it shows you’re interested and you’ve got humor, while also allowing them to make the choice whether to just start the conversation, or go on a drink with you.
6. Send me your favorite GIF so I get to know you better 😝
Because you can tell so much from that…or not, but it’s a great way to start a conversation! GIFs are often funny and you can send a few different ones back and forth to break the ice.
7. Your profile made me stop in my tracks.
There are millions of profiles on Tinder, so if someone made you stop in your tracks, it means you really like them. Flattery goes a long way.
8. You’re seriously cute, but here’s the dealbreaker: do you, or do you not eat marmite?
Something like this is funny and most people have an opinion on whether they like or loathe marmite/vegemite/bovril.
9. If you could be any comic book character, who would you be?
Bound to start a conversation with this one — you can goof around with the different characters you like (and dislike).
10. A three-day weekend is coming up. Are you a) heading for the mountains b) going to the beach c) sleeping till noon d) partying all night?
Again, this is a line that’s bound to spark a conversation about your likes and dislikes.
Inside Scoop: 10 Tinder First Messages Destined To Seal The Deal
10 Sexy Pickup Lines
A note of warning: unless their profile explicitly state they want a hookup, these lines probably won’t get you far. In fact, they’ll probably get you unmatched faster than a canon ball can fly, BUT if they’re looking for something raunchy and you are too…then they can be perfect! You just have to know that’s what they’re looking for as your Tinder ratings probably will go nowhere fast if people keep unmatching you.
1. You’re so coming over to watch Game of Thrones and making out…popcorn’s on me! 😉
Everyone loves a making out session, right?!
2. You’re seriously hot. And I’m seriously happy we matched.
You can go into more detail about how and why they’re hot in the next message…
3. I’m already picturing you naked. So what can I do to impress you so much I actually get to see you naked? 😈
Obviously, you need to know they’re looking for dirty for this message to work… But also, importantly, you show you’re willing to work for it!
4. We matched! Does that mean you’re coming over to my place tonight, or should we meet and establish we aren’t serial killers or living with our parents first? 😉
It shows what you want…but it also shows you’ve got common sense and a sense of humo
5. Dinner first, or can we go straight for dessert? 🍨 😉
Innuendo is flirtatious and not too in your face.
6. What are the chances that I see you naked tonight? 😉
This is forward, yet funny enough that it isn’t awkward. Also, you’re giving them a choice to laugh it off, but also a chance to say that your chances are indeed high!
7. You look like trouble. I like it. 😈
This is again using innuendo to your advantage. And it’s not overtly sexual, rather more flirtatious. Who doesn’t like seeing themselves as a bit of a devil in the bedroom?
8. Come on. Be honest: how many times have you pictured me naked since we matched?
This is hilarious AND it’s turning the tables as you’re saying they’re the ones picturing you naked rather than vice versa.
9. Hot damn girl!
Simple enough…and effective! You show you like them, but you aren’t being sleazy, or too pushy about it.
10. Tell me: what must I do to get from “you matched” to “you saw each other naked.” Help a guy out here! 😉
This is very up front. On the upside, if they want to see you naked, they will reply AND you’ll find out exactly what you need to do to get into their bedroom (and their pants). The thing with dating in general is figuring out what someone likes and giving it to them.
11 (BONUS): Being a perfect gentleman I’m trying hard not to picture you naked. So help me out by distracting me: what’s the best vacation you ever had?
You can ask anything — best vacation, favorite food, top three things to do on a Sunday…
10 Nerdy Pickup Lines
Got that inner geek in you ready to burst out? Great. Because these pickup lines/one liners are seriously geeky.
1. Your profile just made my geeky glasses fall off my nose. Hot damn, girl!
Hopefully they’re the kind that fall for men in glasses…
2. If you were a triangle you’d be acute one.
Great if they love maths. Very bad if they’ve forgotten their algebra…
3. Forget hydrogen. You should be the number one element!
For those who actually remember that hydrogen is first on the periodic table. Some of us, like myself, have done our best to forget high school chemistry as it was 90% torture and 10% fun setting the lab on fire.
4. Are you the square root of 1? Because you seriously can’t be real!
OK, so this is beyond cheesy. Rather appalling actually. But if you follow it up with the right kind of crazy emojis it might just work. Or something like “Did I just win the cheesy pickup line competition, or what?! ;)”
5. My name’s Microsoft. Does that give me an excuse to crash at your place tonight? (I’ll bring my Mac 😛)
This is also bad. Very bad. But it’s kinda funny too.
6. Are you made of copper and tellurium? Because you’re CuTe
We said geeky, right?! This is probably best for someone whose profile state they’re majoring in chemistry, or work in a lab. Unless, of course, you follow it up with something like: “You’ve now seen the worst of my cheesy side. If you survived I think we should go for drinks ;)”
7. You’re sweeter than 3.14. Tell me I just won the cheesy pickup line competition? 😉
8. According to the second law of thermodynamics, you’re supposed to share your hotness with me. I’m thinking, ice skating and hot chocolate this week? 😉
It’s geeky, but you’re also using it as an excuse for the perfect date. Who doesn’t want to go ice skating and drink hot chocolate?
9. Are you a carbon sample? Because I want to date you — drinks this week? 😉
Cheesy, but might just work!
10. You must be the square root of 2 because I feel irrational just looking at your profile! (And clearly you bring out my geeky side! 🤓
This is kinda cute, isn’t it? Who doesn’t wanna make someone feel irrational?
BONUS: 10 (Copy-Paste) Great Conversation Starters
You may not like the cheesy one-liners too much, but how about great conversation starters? But, here’s the exclusive list of Best Tinder Openers (With Screenshots).
1. Top three best things to do on a Saturday?
Gets the conversation going right away!
2. You look like you love a good adventure! What’s one of the best ones you’ve had so far?
Talking about adventures helps you stay clear of boring topics!
3. Favorite meal: Thai, Italian or French?
It’s easy enough for them to answer a direct question like that, but it also gives you plenty to talk about when they do…so long as you both love food, that is!
4. Sunday mornings are for: a) cuddles in bed b) champagne breakfast c) as much pancakes as you can eat
Who doesn’t love Sunday mornings? Gives you an excuse to keep talking about your favorite things too, whether on a Sunday, or not.
5. If you could be anywhere in the world, doing anything you like right now, where would you be and what would you do? 😊
Great way of finding out what they love doing!
6. What’s your definition of a good weekend?
This way you also find out about what they enjoy doing, which helps you work out if you’re a match and what to do when you meet up!
7. You’re on a beach vacation when it starts raining, what do you do? a) hide under the covers with Netflix b) go to a museum c) attend a cooking workshop to learn how to make the local cuisine
You’ll definitively figure out if they’re the kind that loves exploring new things, or hiding under a blanket…
8. So, are you the kind I’d find climbing mountains and acing the diamond slopes, or chilling on the beach with a glass of wine? 🍷 😉
Are they adventurous, or do they like more laid back stuff?
9. Congratulations. You matched with the nerdiest guy on Tinder. To celebrate you’re awarded a drink at your bar of choice (but if it’s in Paris, you pay for the flights :p).
You can change “nerdiest” to whatever works. The thing about this one is that it opens the conversation, but simultaneously nails the date!
10. Hey [insert name], dessert test compatibility: ice cream, chocolate cake or apple pie?
Definitively a sweet way of starting the conversation!