Girls are so bored of “Hey!” or “How’s it going?” that they likely won’t reply at all if you go with that.
Because, “Hey!” is just plain boring and, most likely, leads to a deadpan conversation where you expect them to ask “How are you?” next.
Not the most interesting conversation of the century exactly…
On Tinder, when you start with stupid Tinder openers and make sure they know you think it’s stupid, it’s funny.
It can even be cute.
There is also a myriad of other one-liners you can use to get the conversation started on Tinder.
One great way to get their attention is by using these amazing Tinder pick-up lines.
Things that will actually start a conversation on Tinder, not just a “hey.”
We've done the research and tried these Tinder pickup lines, so you know can shoot your shot.
The Best Tinder Pickup Lines For Guys & Girls
1. Hey [name], I saw that we both like [interest or hobby], have you tried [related activity or event] before?
2. I'm usually pretty bad at first impressions, but I thought I'd give it a shot. What's your favorite type of [food or cuisine]?
3. I noticed that we both have a love for [shared interest], but what's something that you're really passionate about?
4. I'm a big believer in chemistry, and I think we have some. Want to chat and see if I'm right?
5. I was swiping through profiles and your [attribute] caught my eye. Want to tell me more about yourself?
6. I'm looking for someone who can keep up with my [related activity or interest]. Think you can handle it?
7. I know it's tough to get to know someone through a screen, but I think we can make it work. Want to grab a virtual coffee and chat?
8. I'm a big fan of [related TV show or movie]. Have you seen it? What did you think?
9. I'm usually not one to make the first move, but I couldn't resist you. What's your favorite thing to do on a lazy Sunday?
10. I saw that we both like to [related activity or interest], and I think we could have some fun doing it together. Want to give it a shot?
11. I saw that we both love [related music genre or artist]. Want to share your favorite song or album with me?
12. I'm a huge fan of [related activity or interest], and I think we could have some fun doing it together. Want to join me sometime?
13. I noticed that we both love [related TV show or movie]. Who's your favorite character and why?
14. I saw that you're interested in [related hobby or activity]. Have you ever tried [related question or suggestion]?
15. I'm intrigued by your profile, especially your love for [related interest or hobby]. What do you think is the most interesting thing about it?
Funny Tinder Pickup Lines
16. Are we, like, married now?
This is getting a bit old, but the old thing about matching = marriage still holds some amusement.
17. You sound busy…any chance of adding me to your to-do list?
For the people with profiles that ensure you that the only time they aren’t busy with work/hobbies is when they are fast asleep.
18. I’m new in town. Could you give me directions to your apartment?
This is both a funny & cheesy pickup line.
19. Are you a bank loan? Because you have my interest.
So yeah, this is totally a cheesy one…so just follow up with “I know, as cheesy as it gets, but hey, you really do have my interest ;)” or “Did I just win the cheesiest Tinder pickup lines competition of the year? ;))
20. What’s a perfect gentleman like me doing without your phone number?
This is forward, but it might just work… Particularly if you use “gentleman” instead of some other high-flying idea about yourself…
21. Do you believe in love at first sight, or should we match again?
This is a bit trite, but still, it’s cute. Very cute.
22. Damn, you have a dog! Does that mean I’ll never win the “best ever cuddler” title?
This is just a plain cute opener. At least I’d grin from ear to ear if someone sent me this. Not least because people good at cuddling are keepers!
23. Damn, you’re a knockout. Was your father a boxer, or did you just get lucky with the gene pool? I bet you a cocktail your personality is even better than your looks too!?
In one message you’ve told them you love their looks, you think they have personality and you’ve asked them out for a drink. That’s some multi-tasking right there!
24. I’d say you’re the bomb, but that could turn into a lethal conversation…
This is kind of funny, isn’t it? At least it’d bring a smile to my face!
25. I’d say you’re as beautiful as a Greek goddess, but from what I can remember from history class, they were all pretty crazy.
A great compliment pick up line to gas them up.
Cute Pickup Lines For Tinder
26. On a lazy Sunday: Netflix all day, get lost in a museum, or cuddle with me?
Cuddles are cute! And it’ll give you an idea of what they like.
27. My mom told me not to talk to strangers online, but I’ll make an exception for you.
This is sweet and simple…but also pretty funny.
28. If you’re as good at cuddling as you’re good-looking, I’m signing myself up on the waitlist for a date. 😉
You’re flattering them by telling them you think there’s a waitlist and you’re talking about cuddling. It’s a win-win.
29. This is how I’d describe you in three emojis [insert cute emojis] Now you describe yourself in three emojis.
Simple, sweet, and effectual — it’s bound to help you.
30. If you could any famous artist (dead or alive) paint your portrait, who would it be?
This is a clever tinder opener and gives insight into how they think as well.
31. Tell me, what can I say to impress you?
Cute way of showing that you’re looking to impress her.
32. I’d tell you you’re cute, but someone else probably did that already, so you describe yourself in three emojis instead!
Similar to the one above, but a great way to show flattery.
33. A cute GIF.
There are puppies that look cute while saying “OMG, hi!!” and seals that are squeaking with delight — just take your pick!
34. If we were at home, cuddling on a rainy Sunday morning, what would we have for breakfast? a) American pancakes b) French crèpes c) waffles d) omelet e) something else?
A great way to start a conversation on Tinder AND get them to think about cuddling with you!
35. If you were a dessert, what would you be?
Is there anything sweeter than dessert?
Inside Scoop: Best Tinder Bios.
Sexy Pickup Lines For Tinder
A note of warning: unless their profile explicitly states they use Tinder for hookups, these lines probably won’t get you far. In fact, they’ll probably get you unmatched faster than a cannonball can fly, BUT if they’re looking for something raunchy and you are too…then these are the best Tinder pickup lines.
36. You’re so coming over to watch Game of Thrones and making out…popcorn’s on me! 😉
Everyone loves making out sessions, right?!
37. You’re seriously hot. And I’m seriously happy we matched.
You can go into more detail about how and why they’re hot in the next message…
38. I’m already picturing you naked. So what can I do to impress you so much that I actually get to see you naked?
Obviously, you need to know they’re looking for dirty for this message to work… But also, importantly, you show you’re willing to work for it!
39. We matched! Does that mean you’re coming over to my place tonight, or should we meet and establish we aren’t serial killers or living with our parents first?
It shows what you want…but it also shows you’ve got common sense and a sense of humor.
40. Dinner first, or can we go straight for dessert?
Innuendo is flirtatious and not too in your face.
41. What are the chances that I see you naked tonight? 😉
This is forward, yet funny enough that it isn’t awkward. Also, you’re giving them a choice to laugh it off, but also a chance to say that your chances are indeed high!
42. You look like trouble. I like it.
This is again using innuendo to your advantage. And it’s not overtly sexual, but rather more flirtatious. Who doesn’t like seeing themselves as a bit of a devil in the bedroom?
43. Come on. Be honest: how many times have you pictured me naked since we matched?
This is hilarious AND it’s turning the tables as you’re saying they’re the ones picturing you naked rather than vice versa.
44. Hot damn girl!
Simple enough…and effective! You show you like them, but you aren’t being sleazy, or too pushy about it.
45. Tell me: what must I do to get from “you matched” to “you saw each other naked.” Help a guy out here!
This is very upfront. On the upside, if they want to see you naked, they will reply AND you’ll find out exactly what you need to do to get into their bedroom (and their pants). The thing with dating, in general, is figuring out what someone likes and giving it to them.
46. (BONUS): Being a perfect gentleman I’m trying hard not to picture you naked. So help me out by distracting me: what’s the best vacation you ever had?
You can ask anything — the best vacation, favorite food, top three things to do on a Sunday…
Inside Scoop: Amazing Tinder Icebreakers
Nerdy Pickup Lines
Got that inner geek in you ready to burst out? Great. Because these are the best openers for nerds.
47. Your profile just made my geeky glasses fall off my nose. Hot damn, girl!
48. If you were a triangle you’d be an acute one.
49. Forget hydrogen. You should be the number one element!
50. Are you the square root of 1? Because you seriously can’t be real!
51. My name’s Microsoft. Does that give me an excuse to crash at your place tonight? (I’ll bring my Mac?)
52. Are you made of copper and tellurium? Because you're CuTe
53. You’re sweeter than 3.14. Tell me I just won the cheesy pickup line competition.
54. According to the second law of thermodynamics, you're supposed to share your hotness with me. I’m thinking, of ice skating and hot chocolate this week.
55. Are you a carbon sample? Because I want to date you — drinks this week?
56. You must be the square root of 2 because I feel irrational just looking at your profile! (And clearly, you bring out my geeky side!
Related Scoop: Questions to Ask on Tinder
Clever Pickup Lines For Tinder
57. Top three best things to do on a Saturday?
58. You look like you love a good adventure! What’s one of the best ones you’ve had so far?
59. Favorite meal: Thai, Italian or French?
60. Sunday mornings are for: a) cuddles in bed b) champagne breakfast c) as many pancakes as you can eat
61. If you could be anywhere in the world, doing anything you like right now, where would you be and what would you do?
62. What’s your definition of a good weekend?
63. You’re on a beach vacation when it starts raining, what do you do? a) hide under the covers with Netflix b) go to a museum c) attend a cooking workshop to learn how to make the local cuisine
64. So, are you the kind I’d find climbing mountains and acing the diamond slopes, or chilling on the beach with a glass of wine?
65. Congratulations. You matched with the nerdiest guy on Tinder. To celebrate you’re awarded a drink at your bar of choice (but if it’s in Paris, you pay for the flights :p).
66. Hey [insert name], dessert test compatibility: ice cream, chocolate cake, or apple pie?
67. Favorite drink?
This is a good pickup line, because when they answer you can reply with “Good, now I know what to buy you on our first date 😉 I just need to figure out your favorite bar too!”
68. Truth or dare?
You could change this to “Truth or date? ;)” Or if they reply “dare,” say: “I dare you to have drinks with me.”
69. [Name!] Drinks or coffee this week?
Great way to cut to the chase and get to the date!
70. Two truths and a lie! Go!
An awesome and simple pick up line to get the conversation going!
71. Favorite thing to do on a Friday night? a) cuddling and watching Netflix by the fireplace b) the hottest bar in town c) dinner party d) I’ll tell you over drinks?
A bit cheeky with that last option, but it shows you’re interested and you’ve got humor, while also allowing them to make the choice whether to just start the conversation, or go on a drink with you.
72. Send me your favorite GIF so I get to know you better?
Because you can tell so much from that…or not, but it’s a great way to talk to girls on tinder! GIFs are often funny and you can send a few different ones back and forth to break the ice.
73. Your profile made me stop in my tracks.
There are millions of profiles on Tinder, so if someone made you stop in your tracks, it means you really like them. Flattery goes a long way.
74. You’re seriously cute, but here’s the dealbreaker: do you, or do you not eat marmite?
Something like this is funny and most people have an opinion on whether they like or loathe marmite/vegemite/Bovril.
75. If you could be any comic book character, who would you be?
Bound to start a conversation with this one — you can goof around with the different characters you like (and dislike).
76. A three-day weekend is coming up. Are you a) heading for the mountains b) going to the beach c) sleeping till noon d) partying all night?
Again, this is a pick up line that’s bound to spark a conversation about your likes and dislikes.
Smooth Pickup Lines For Tinder
77. I see you're a dog lover. How about we go for a walk with your pup and get to know each other better?
78. I noticed you're a foodie. What's your favorite restaurant in town? Maybe we could go check it out together.
79. I see you're into hiking. How about we climb a mountain together and watch the sunrise?
80. I couldn't help but notice you love traveling. What's the most adventurous trip you've been on? Maybe we could plan our next adventure together.
81. I see you're a music lover. How about we catch a concert together sometime?
82. I noticed you're into yoga. How about we do a partner yoga session together and see how it goes?
83. I see you love wine. How about we go to a winery and enjoy some wine tasting?
84. I couldn't help but notice your love for movies. How about we catch a movie together and get some popcorn?
85. I see you're a book lover. What's your favorite book? Maybe we could read it together and discuss it.
86. I noticed you're into art. How about we visit a museum and appreciate some art together?
87. I see you love coffee. How about we meet for coffee and see where the conversation takes us?
88. I couldn't help but notice your passion for volunteering. How about we volunteer at a local shelter together?
89. I see you love sports. How about we catch a game together and cheer for our favorite team?
90. Excuse me, do you have the time? I need to remember the exact moment I met the love of my life.